Estate administration services include:

  • Probate
  • Small Estates
  • Advice and Assistance with Transfers
  • Guardianships
  • Conservatorships

General Information:

What To Do When a Loved One Has Died

  • Make sure any young children, pets or other animals are taken care of.
  • Look for a will or living trust.  Check the will to see if the decedent has specified his or her wishes for his or her animals, any services and burial or cremation.
  • If there is a will, contact the person named in the will as personal representative.  If there is a living trust, contact the person named as successor trustee.
  • Make arrangements for funeral, memorial or other service.  Make arrangements for burial or cremation.
  • Talk to a lawyer about probate or alternatives to probate.
This information is intended to inform and not to advise or apply to any specific situation.
© 1991-2013 Veronica M. Schnidrig

Probate Complications

  • Liens against devisees or heirs;
  • Environmental problems with real estate;
  • Farm or forest special property tax assessments;
  • Due on death clauses in contracts;
  • Business interests;
  • Valuation of some stocks, bonds, T-bills, etc.;
  • Oregon estate taxes on estates over $600,000;
  • Judgments, including back child support;
  • Ongoing support and elective share issues.
Veronica M. Schnidrig
409 Center Street
Oregon City, Oregon 97045 USA
Clackamas County, Oregon
Phone (503) 698-4911
Or contact via email